Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Men are from....

Aliens.

I've said it many times, and I'm standing by it.

Boys are aliens.

And men are just grown up boys.

I don't get it. What's with you guys? (Don't pretend like you're not reading this. I know there's at least one of you checking out what this weird chick has to say.)

Women. We long for community, so we create it. We have groups for moms, Women's retreats, Spring Flings... I'd bet that housegroup was a woman's idea. We even do blogs for community's sake instead of for debating ideas.

Men. OK, so this is a generalization, I'll admit it. I'll be completely up front about it and acknowledge that you probably don't ALL feel this way, but... There just seem to be so many of you wandering around, desperate for deep, brotherly relationship, without any idea of how to go about it. And those who may have ideas are too shy or burned out to want to organize and implement them. Have you given up? What will it take? Can we help you?

See, I really don't understand the male mind on this matter. Can you help me?

We used to get a comment on our retreat feedback sheets that said we should do a men's retreat. Our thought was "Great idea! They should have a retreat, but they need to be the ones to organize it."

I'm getting tired of seeing my husband retreat into himself, missing his brothers desperately, and not knowing how to make that connection with anyone else. I'd sure appreciate insight from anyone who can shed some light on this for me.