Monday, October 04, 2004

Foiled again.

Yuck.

Sick again.

I spent most of Saturday in bed with a nasty headache. I'm beginning to wonder what differentiates a migraine from a regular headache. I did better on Sunday and managed to clean up the playroom and both boys' rooms. Today I'm somewhere in between, so I haven't managed to get much more than laundry done today.

On the plus side, I did manage to get a whole lot of knitting done on Saturday - when I could manage to sit up.

Sunday was Doug's birthday. A big one. He's 40 now. (Shhhh... don't tell anyone 'k?) I wanted to throw him a party, but life has a way of going on and party planning is something I haven't done in a very long time. I threw him a GREAT surprise party for his 30th, but it just hasn't been the same since we've been here in the 'peg. I really don't know who I'd invite. He just doesn't have a lot of friends outside of a few from work. Church has been such a challenge for him, and I know he feels really disconnected. He's genuinely surprised when I tell him someone asked about him. So, in the end, we went out (all of us) for dinner, and I never even got the cake made (I make a really cool birthday cake).

Wednesday will be our anniversary. We have a regular sitter for Thursday, so we'll go out then. If I'm not bedridden again by that time.

Well, I'd better mosey on, now. I still have Doug's lunch to make and the breakfast table to set before I can go to bed. Here's hoping for a healthier, more productive tomorrow.