Tuesday, August 31, 2004

A Peelin'

Do you ever just watch or listen to your kids and giggle?

Kelvin has been entertaining me lately.

A few weeks back he decided he doesn't like peels on things anymore. He started asking me to peel his apples, and if I forget, or don't feel like the extra work he will eat the apple right up to the peel, and leave it in the bowl. OK, I thought.... whatever....

Then we had fruit salad with our supper one night. I looked over to see a growing pile of green stuff on Kelvin's plate. Turns out he was eating just the "insides" of his grapes!

Tonight was when it hit me that this really was funny, and not something to bug him about. We had mixed veggies with supper tonight. Once again I looked across the table to see a pile of green. He was taking the "peels" off his peas! I picked up my cup to hide the silent laughter, but I was definitely shaking as I caught Doug's eye.

What they don't come up with....

I've been enjoying them so much lately, I'm really not looking forward to school starting next week.