Thursday, August 26, 2004

Infertility Sucks!

Doesn't matter whether you can't conceive, or can't carry to term, as a woman it just sucks the life right out of you. It plays with your sense of worth. It places stress on your marriage. And it leaves you feeling downright powerless.

One of my friends has miscarried.

It stirs up all the emotions I thought I'd put behind me. I can barely hold back the tears. You'd think I had been through it just yesterday. The odd mixture of emotions, all the parts of the grieving process - WHAM - just sitting there on my chest.

I know I can't carry this for her. God gives her the grace for her life. I hope I can walk beside her and maybe help her process a bit. She has other resources - I'm not giving myself airs here, I just want to help. I hate that anyone has to feel this way.

God, you are a good God. You said so. You said you have a plan for us. A good one. Your ways are higher than mine. You said so. I can't see what you see, so I have to trust that You are true to Your word.