Saturday, August 14, 2004

Mmmmmmmmm.....

Kelvin has a stuffed Mickey Mouse (from our Disney trip).

Matthew has a series of stuffed cows, the smallest of which is named Mini Moo.

This morning I heard Matt swinging Mickey Mouse around and saying (in his 'stuffed character' voice) " I'm Mini Moo. I'm Mini Moo......."

Then he came up to me and I asked him if Mickey Mouse thought he was Mini Moo. He said " Yeah, mom, see Mic... Mi... Mic... Mi..."

"Oh", I said, " they start with the same letter sound 'mmmmm' "

" Yeah", he said.

So, why is this exciting? Because my boys are not auditory learners, and Matt has a pronounced speech delay. We've been working on printing letters, but Matt hasn't been able to make the connection between a letter and the sound it makes. In fact, it frustrates him so much that he doesn't even want to try...

I'm so proud! I almost cried...