Monday, August 16, 2004

The Momsterator

Now, that's the thing about being a parent, isn't it. You're always discovering new skills. Sure, it's usually new things your kids can do, but every now and then you find that you are able to do something you never thought you could.

One friend of mine once said she wanted to write a book called "101 things you can do while nursing". I wouldn't know about that, but I'm sure she never knew she had those skills before she had kids.

Some of you may have discovered that you have an amazing aptitude for macaroni art. Maybe you can cook 3 different dinners at once to satisfy your picky eaters. Or perhaps you're the expert at removing urine stains from any surface.

Today I discovered an unexpected side effect of carrying children up stairs for time outs and bedtimes for the last 6 years. I can successfully wrestle a 5 and 6 year old boy together with extended tickling, pile-ons, and a bit of the 'don't kiss me' game without even breaking a sweat. And I can win. They can't pin me. They might get in the occasional smooch, but I can flip them and tickle their ribs at will. I feel like grunting:"oh oh oh oh oh". (insert visual of flexed biceps here).

The many. The proud. The mommies.