Saturday, February 04, 2006

Update

Yeah, I know... not exactly the most creative title, but that's just the place I'm in.

School.

We had a meeting with Matt's principal. No teacher there, so I was not completely satisfied. Things were tense between his teacher and I for about a week, especially when I was asked not to come and volunteer in the class, but it feels a bit smoother now. Even the TAs didn't speak to me for the first week. I hope I didn't get them in trouble.

Doug was happy with the meeting, but I'm still not completely satisfied. I guess that's just life. I still feel the need to keep tabs on what's happening in the class. We did find out, though, that his teacher is not only new to special-ed, but is a first year teacher! I suppose I need to give her more slack for her sake, but really... Matt is now suffering for a year's worth of "lack of teaching" plus the learning curve for this teacher. So much for getting him into an established program!

Church.

For lack of a better word. We're kind of drifting a bit at the moment. It's been tough finding ways to get together with Rob and Jude. Mostly it's the "we've got sick kids" shuffle. I guess that's the drawback to a smaller group. So... I guess we're just trying to muddle our way through and make efforts at community any way we can. Although, I must admit I really enjoyed the pizza and conversation last night.

Personal Mass

One relatively bright spot at the moment. I've been losing steadily on this system, and I'm officially down about 22 lbs, and two pants sizes. I even had to go out and buy a new bathing suit today. I've gotten back on my treadmill five mornings a week, and I really enjoy hanging out on Monday nights. Seriously. I get to hang out with some of the most beautiful and strongest women I know. How did I ever get invited into that group? Not that I'm complaining...

In case you can't tell from the tone of this post, I'm in a bit of a "blah" state right now. Not fully sure why (although a mix-up in calculating my points today has added to it), but the week has been really full, the days all busy, and I'm just feeling spent on all fronts. Perhaps I should go put my kids to bed (an hour late) and cuddle up with my heating pad.

'Til later...