Monday, November 21, 2005

Third Floor - Housewares

I shoulda been a kettle.

No, really. I have this really neat feature that would make me very marketable: Instant Boil.

Truly. I feel like I am on constant simmer and it takes next to nothing for the steam to come shooting out of my ears. And the volume on the whistle? Deafening. You could hear me for blocks, I'm sure.

Just ask my kids.

No, wait. Don't ask them. They probably couldn't hear you anyway.

Doug says it sounds like I need a break. Sure. Sounds like. But a break doesn't change anything. The stuff that annoys me and has me feeling like I'm banging my head against a brick wall will still be there. Honestly, you'd think I could talk quieter since I know I'm the only one listening anyway. Volume doesn't seem to do the trick. Repetition with increasing degrees of volume also has no effect. The kids can't read yet, so I can't even leave them written communiques.

*sigh* Pouty

But I know it's not all external stress either. If I had the energy to go looking, I'm sure I'd find that I'm also beating myself up for not meeting my expectations either. But I don't have that energy right now.

Tea anyone?