Friday, September 09, 2005

First day of school!

Kelvin began grade 1 on Wednesday. When I picked him up at the end of the day (he stayed for lunch) I asked him how his day went. He said:

"I had a really good time, Mom!"


Yesterday after school he told me that he really likes grade 1, but that he liked Kindergarten better. I'm sure he wishes there were more toys in the class, but when you ask him what he did he will first tell you how many times he got to go out for recess.

Matt begins today, although we went to visit his teacher and see his room on Wednesday. There are a few changes - like he's sitting in a different part of the room, and at a desk instead of at the small table. I could tell he was nervous this morning. He tried several ways to stall. Not the least of which included the sock and shoe issue. He's been wearing sandals all summer, so he's not used to how shoes feel on his feet anymore, and he chose a thick pair of socks, too. We made it on time, but I certainly felt the stress! Any of you who know me know that I HATE to arrive anywhere late.

Anywho... I thought I'd post the "first day of school" pics. Technically, Kelvin's was taken today, but that's just because our camera is acting up. I'll have a real one when I get the film developed from the old camera...