Saturday, July 30, 2005

The "it" girl

Erica tagged me.

Now I have to think.

Worse. I have to think of five more people to tag.

Alright, grey matter, here goes...

10 years ago today-> Let's see, it's not quite August yet, so I would have been a few weeks pregnant with the only child I ever conceived - and lost a few weeks later.

5 years ago -> Hmmm... I had a two-year-old, and our planned adoption had just fallen through because the birthmom was, in fact, not pregnant in the first place.

1 year ago-> We had just come back from visiting Doug's family in Calgary, and my in-laws were in town for a family anniversary.

Yesterday -> slept late, went grocery shopping, took the kids to the playground, finished reading another Narnia book to the kids.

Tomorrow -> Planning to head to the zoo.

5 snacks I enjoy -> Cadbury fruit and nut bars, black licorice, zesty Doritos, peanut butter cups, Dutch licorice (double salt)

5 adult beverages I enjoy -> I don't like adult beverages. Not even one.

5 bands I know the lyrics to-> Bands? Songs, perhaps... Most U2, Dire Straits, Phil Keaggy, the Eagles (Get over it!), and the closing theme to Corner Gas....

5 things I would do with $100 000 000 -> pay off family mortgages, renovate said houses, give my mom an allowance, fund more FASD-specialized classrooms, maybe study linguistics just for fun... Oh, and get Jude a bigger house!

5 locations I would like to run away to -> Heaven (yeah, yeah, cheesy... but true), Austria, Scotland, a cabin of my own, an amazing spa for extreme pampering.

5 bad habits I have -> Proofreading everything, procrastination, shooting my mouth off, defeating self-talk, eating too much junk

5 things I love doing -> Ha! you thought I was gonna say knitting! But I'm over that at the moment. I love eating freshly baked dense fudgy brownies, watching my kids sleep (*whew* silence!), riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad coaster at Disney World(go figure - I'm not a roller coaster girl), proofreading, singing (worship mostly)...

5 things I would never wear -> butt floss (thong), blue eyeshadow, size 2, "nuthin' at all"(stupid sexy Flanders!), 4" spike heels...

5 tv shows I like -> the Simpsons, Crossing Jordan, Law and Order - CI, Reba, What Not to Wear

5 movies I like-> Anne of Green Gables (the whole freakin' 8 hours!), Simon Birch, the Princess Bride, Blast from the Past, the Party (Peter Sellers)

5 famous people I would love to meet-> Her Majesty, the Queen (what!? I'm English and Scottish!), Mother Teresa (no one said they had to be living!), Mel Gibson, Phil Keaggy, Nick Arrojo and Carmindy ( I could use the makeover!)

5 biggest joys at the moment -> Yikes! I'm more of a cup half-empty girl, so this is a tough one... let's see... Being able to express myself, seeing my kids learn, wearing the right size bra, finding a way to get Kelvin to eat veggies (whoo hoo carrot & raisin salad!), and NOT gaining any weight this week.

5 favorite toys-> Computer, TV remote, delete key, timer, ones I don't have to clean up

5 people to tag -> Well, obviously I'm gonna tag Jude, then Mel. I'd tag Colleen but she's offline at the moment. So I'm gonna tag Shannon, Mercy, and Loraleigh and let them answer on the Breathe site.

So there you go... Tag! You're it!