Thursday, June 16, 2005

Little 'ole me.... As if!

At the moment, I feel very small - or is that large?....

Last night I did a bit of shopping. I have a wedding to go to this summer, and not much of anything to wear, so I thought I'd hit my favorite store and see if they had anything. I picked out some skirts, a few tank tops, a blouse, and a dress and headed for the change room.

Not my best move.

I put on a cute skirt. Orange/red/white floral. A little unusual for me.

Then I turned sideways.

I almost started to cry right there in the room. I know that I'm a lot heavier than I want to be or should be. It's getting harder to find clothes that fit at all. And the reason I went shopping last night was for new sneakers so I could actually get back on to my treadmill without my feet and legs hurting. Did you know that skirts have NO tummy control? Jeans, even ones with lycra, will hold you in a bit, but in a skirt you are on your own. I couldn't believe my eyes! I never wanted to be seen in public again.

So, in the end I came home with a new pair of sneakers, a slurpee and chocolate bar for my husband, chocolate and Pepsi for me, and my spirit dragging on the ground. I know I'm just adding to the problem, but at least it tasted good going down.

My cheering/nagging squad has done a great job of saying "yay you!" when I post about my week, but not one of them has noticed that I haven't sent them anything in weeks. No one wants to know what's going on, and that's the support I was hoping for. Someone to question me, not just cheer.

So, I'll try not to wallow, but get up tomorrow and put on the sneakers I'm breaking in today and head for the treadmill. I will try to opt for the fruits and veggies when I'm really hungry, and do my best to distract myself when I know my munchies are not really a hunger thing. It just can't keep going on like this.