Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The look of love, is in your eyes...

Thought I'd share another thing that happened to me on Sunday night.

I was sitting for awhile during worship. I think I had my eyes closed. And a conversation of sorts went through my mind.

Me: If I could only touch the hem of His garment I know I would be healed. (No, I have no idea what I wanted to be healed of... that's just the thought that went through my head - in first person.)

Jesus:(with an incredulous tone) The hem of my garment? (pause, while he gathers his composure and checks his tone so as not to give me the "what are you, stupid?" message) Okaaaay, well , yeah, technically that's true..... But (insert affectionate name here - I can't remember what He called me) don't you remember? You're clean now. You can look me in the face!


Wow! What a feeling! I can look Him in the face! The holy God of heaven and earth, and I can not only be in total awe of Him, but I can look Him straight in the face, and see love shining back at me from His eyes!