Friday, September 02, 2005

Harp and Bowl

I can just see Yvonne's face staring at me with a look that says "See.... I TOLD you you were a prophetic singer!"

'splain?

Well,... we're doing some training at the moment on how to use the Harp and Bowl format for worship/intercession meetings. It's a very new format for me, but it basically offers a framework to facilitate prophetic singing and intercession while working through scripture and worship. Hmmm... maybe that doesn't sound so basic.... but it's really not all that complicated once you wrap your mind around it. It's the standard format of the 24/7 meetings at IHOP.

So, last night I had to leap out of my comfort zone as we actually tried it out with worship leaders, prayer leaders, prophetic singers, and chorus leaders. And, once we got going, it really was a shame to have to stop and go home to our families (we do love them... but this was starting to feel really good!). I don't know if it will flow as well once we get a congregation to lead and the nerves ramp up a notch, but I don't think it will take that long to get used to.

So, Yvonne.... Seems you've been right about me all along. I just needed some structure.